It's great to have your own home-made high fat/low carb snack options. I put this recipe together because I wanted an alternative to store-bought bars with their various additives etc. The result is a fudgy, crunchy square that gives a delicious chocolate hit without the blood sugar spike. Delicious!
- 1 cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower etc)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews etc)
- 80g chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup ground linseeds (flax seeds) - you could also use LSA
- 1 cup dried coconut
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia if desired
Put nuts and seeds in a food processer and mix until they are finely ground.
Add other ingredients: protein powder, linseeds, peanut butter, coconut and coconut oil.Add stevia if you want extra sweetness.
Press into a small/medium baking dish lined with baking paper.Set in fridge for 2-3 hours.
Nutrition information: 25 serves, each with:
Calories:210, protein: 6g, fat: 20g, carbs: 2g